Opal is the epitome of class! The stone displays a unique and striking play of colors, making it a truly remarkable and one-of-a-kind gemstone. It is found in multiple locations, including Australia, Ethiopia, Brazil, Czech Republic, Indonesia, Mexico, Poland, Tanzania, and the United States. At GemsRoot, we have the finest quality Opal gemstones from Australia - the best-known Opal-producing location worldwide.
Opal is a gemstone packed with beauty and mystical strengths! It is a blessing for people who believe in the capabilities of gems and like to adorn them for astrological purposes. We have jotted down some significant Opal stone benefits that make it unique.
- Psychological Benefits : Opal is linked with the planet Venus (Shukra), which also represents innovation and creativity. Wearing the gemstone can encourage artistic expressions and creativity for better outcomes if an individual has creative blockages, insecurities, or a lack of ideas or inspiration.
- Enhances Luxuries of Life : Wearing the Ratna is said to improve a person's financial status. It is also closely associated with luxury and worldly desires, so it can help maintain the wearer's luxurious lifestyle, prosperity, and social status.
- Improves Marital Relationships : A weak Venus (Shukra) position in someone's birth chart can lead to conflicts and misunderstandings in marriage. Wearing Opal stone can help foster peace, passion, love, and mutual understanding between couples.
- Amplifies Personality and Beauty : Wearing an Opal ring can also help beautify a person's overall personality. It can positively affect the fire of the human spirit, which brightens, refreshes, and levitates an individual's inner beauty that also radiates on the outside.
- Fertility : Kalimaya stone can also help with fertility and progeny. Couples trying for a baby and struggling with the same can consider taking the help of Opal gemstones.
According to Vedic astrology, Venus (Shukra) represents Opal. Venus is the planet for love and prosperity, so one can wear the gemstone to garner benefits related to the same. Vedic astrologers suggest wearing Opal stones to the natives of the Taurus (Vrishabh) and Libra (Tula) zodiac signs.
On the contrary, according to Western astrology, Opal is assigned as the birthstone of October borns and is suggested to Libra zodiac signs. Besides Libra, ascendents of Gemini, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Virgo can adorn this beautiful gem. However, consulting an expert is always recommended before wearing it.
The quality of the gemstone plays a vital role, no matter whether you intend to buy it for astrological or jewelry purposes. The same goes for Opal (Dudhiya Pathar). When selecting an Opal stone, there are certain factors one must remember.
Color : Opal's color is one of the most significant factors that decide its worth. A luminous Opal gemstone with intense color ranks higher in value compared to a dull-colored stone.
Fire Pattern Intensity : The fire of Opal refers to the "Play of Colors" that it exhibits. The arrangement of the colors, their consistency, and their brightness, affect the gem's value. A good blend of bright, brilliant, and consistent colors throughout the stone is considered more precious.
Clarity : The transparency and inclusions also affect Opal's quality. A stone with a higher level of transparency will be worth more compared to an Opal with opaqueness and visible inclusions.
Cut and Shape : Opals are cut into different shapes, including oval, round, pear, heart, marquise, rectangle, etc. When purchasing an Opal, it is essential to take note of the dome. Go for not too flat or too high crowns; perfect domes best exhibit the colors of iridescent beauty.
Opal is also known as the queen of gems, Dudhiya Pathar, Kalimaya Stone, and more.
Origin : Australia, Ethiopia, Brazil, Mexico, Czech Republic, Indonesia, Tanzania, Poland, and the United States.
Chemical Composition: Silica (SiO2·nH2O)
Hardness : 5.5 - 6.5 on Moh's scale
Specific Gravity : 1.99 - 2.25
Refractive Index : 1.37-1.47
According to Vedic astrology, Opal can be worn by Taurus (Vrishabh) and Libra (Tula) zodiac signs. Astrologers can also recommend the stone to people facing Antardasha or Mahadasha of Venus (Shukra).
Opal is a powerful stone that can positively influence different aspects of life, including financial, social, personal, mental, and physical. Wearing the gemstone can bring peace to love life, maintain luxuries, foster a sharp mind, improve inner beauty, etc.
Opal is preferably worn on the index finger of the working hand or as suggested by an expert astrologer based on the individual's requirements and birth chart.
Venus represents the Opal stone, and according to Vedic astrology, the planet rules love, relationships, and luxury. So, wearing the gemstone can welcome passion, a deep understanding and relationship harmony.
The price of Opal can differ based on its quality, brilliance, transparency, fire colors, etc. However, Opal with fire gemstone price per carat starts from 1500 - 2000 Rupees.
Opal is preferably worn with Gold. However, astrologers can suggest other metals, such as Silver, White Gold, Panchdhatu, or Platinum, depending on your best suit.
Opals have a profound history of being a symbol of good luck. In ancient times, Romans considered it the luckiest gemstone in the world that brings hope. The presence of multiple colors in the gem made them believe it has every stone's positive attributes.
Wearing Opal Ratna can help enhance the wearer's prosperity, luxury, and financial status. Therefore, a person who wishes to attract abundant wealth can adorn Opal stone positively.