101 Best Dad-Daughter Quotes & Sayings
A father: Loves completely, teaches gently, gives quietly, and inspires deeply. With Father's Day nearing, we are sure daughters have their minds running over presents to give their dads. There's something so unique about a father-and-daughter relationship that only they can understand. It is a feeling that the dad and his princess often struggle to express, and that's when this blog comes in.
Our fathers play numerous roles. He is a friend, a guide, a protector, a role model, a hero, a supporter, a daughter's first love and a real gem of our lives! It can be difficult to pen down the right words to honor #MyDadMyGem on Father's Day.
Our list of father-daughter quotes can help you conjure a message that reflects your love for your dad in your heart onto a Father's Day card, an emotional Instagram post or a sweet WhatsApp message. Scroll down and pick a quote that will melt his heart and make him feel like the best dad ever!
Father's Quotes from Daughter
If you are searching for sweet and short messages you wish to send to your dad, the quotes below are perfect. These father quotes from daughters are ideal for writing on cards, printing on mugs, personalized gifts, and much more.
- "I may find my prince, but my dad will always be my king." — Unknown
- "Being a daddy's girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life." — Marinela Reka
- "Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, storytellers and singers of song." —Unknown
- "A dad is someone who wants to catch you when you fall. Instead, he picks you up, brushes you off and lets you try again." —Unknown
- "A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way." —Unknown
- "When you're young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape." – Dave Attell
- "There are two things I know for sure: She was sent here from heaven, and she's daddy's little girl." - Bob Carlisle
- "A father is someone you never outgrow your needs for."
- "They don't make men like my daddy anymore." - Loretta Lynn
- "Some superheroes don't wear capes. They are called Dad." - Unknown
- "It was my father who taught me to value myself." - Dawn French
- "Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that's why I call you dad because you are so special to me." - Wade Boggs
- "The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature." - Antoine Francois Prevost
- "I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection." - Sigmund Freud
- "A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman, he turns her back again." - Enid Bagnold
- "When my father didn't have my hand, he had my back." - Linda Poindexter
- "My father didn't tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it." - Clarence Budington Kelland
- "A girl's first true love is her father." - Marisol Santiago
- "Dad is and always will be my living, breathing superhero." - Bindi Irwin
- "Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes." - Gloria Naylor
- "A girl's father is the first man in her life, probably the most influential." - David Jeremiah
- "My father has always provided me a safe place to land and a hard place from which to launch." - Chelsea Clinton
- "I am a princess not because I have a prince, but because my father is a king." - Unknown
- "My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future." - Liza Minnelli
- "My dad taught me that there is no shame in breaking something, only in not being able to fix it." - Hope Jahren
Father-Daughter Bond Quotes
A dad-daughter bond is like no other. If you want to express the special bond with your papa through a quote, then these father and daughter quotes and sayings are a perfect fit. They will surely tug at his heartstrings and make him feel loved.
- "A father's job is not to teach his daughter how to be a lady. It's to teach her how a lady should be treated." — Unknown
- "A little girl giggles when her mother denies her an ice cream. She knows daddy will get her some later." — Unknown
- "To a father growing old, nothing is dearer than a daughter." — Euripides
- "Little daughters are the only people able to soften the hearts of strong men." — Unknown
- "She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father." — Harper Lee
- "A father holds his daughter's hand for a short while, but he holds her heart forever." — Unknown
- "A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against she will judge all men." — Gregory E. Lang
- "No one can make the female a queen except her father." — Arab Proverb
- "He gives her the best gift a woman can get in this world: protection." — Adriana Trigiani
- "They say that from the instant he lays eyes on her, a father adores his daughter. Whoever she grows up to be, she is always to him that little girl in pigtails." — Unknown
- "Fathers and daughters have a special bond. She is always daddy's little girl." ― Richard L. Ratliff
- "A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely." —Émile Gaboriau
- "A good father will leave his imprint on his daughter for the rest of her life." – Dr James Dobson
- "There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years, it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself." – John Gregory Brown
- "Your father knows what you need before you ask him" - Matthew 8:6
- "Life doesn't come with instructions, but it does come with a dad who always answers my calls." – Unknown
- "For a father, his daughter always stays the moon amongst the stars" - Rahul Kaushik
- "When I am at my best, I am my father's daughter."
- "He who has daughters is always a shepherd." — Thomas Jefferson
- "Loving dads raise confident women." – Unknown
- "A father is a man who will always believe and support you. Your daughter is a woman who will always follow your advice." – Unknown
- "A son is a son till he gets a wife; a daughter is a daughter for the rest of her life." – Irish Saying
- "The power of a dad in a daughter's life is unmatched." – Justin Ricklefs
- "Daddy and daughter, not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart."
- "A father will be there for his daughter when it matters the most."
Father-Daughter Love Quotes
The love daughters have for their dads is immense. However, expressing a love so deep in words isn't always easy. We hope the quotes shared below can help you form a message that shows your father a glimpse of the adoration you have for him.
- "The smile of a daughter is the secret purpose of every father." — Unknown
- "Fathers, be your daughter's first love, and she'll never settle for anything less." — Unknown
- "The most admirable thing ever has to be a father protecting his daughter." — Unknown
- "No one in this world can love a girl more than her father." — Michael Ratnadeepak
- "For father, his daughter is no less than a breath." — Sachin Ramdas Bharatiya
- "To her, the name of father was another name for love." — Fanny Fern
- "A man's daughter is his heart. Just with feet, walking out in the world." — Mat Johnson
- "Dads immediately fall in love with their little girls and will let them get away with everything." — Jimmy Fallon
- "Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter." — Joseph Addison
- "Lucky are the girls born to caring and loving dads." — Unknown
- "A father's tears and fears are unseen, his love is unexpressed, but his care and protection remain as a pillar of strength throughout our lives." – Ama H. Vanniarachchy
- "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person; he believed in me." — Jim Valvano
- "Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing dad." – Unknown
- "This relationship has something special about it that makes every father and every daughter in the world speak warmly about it." – Unknown
- "In the darkest days, when I feel inadequate, unloved and unworthy, I remember whose daughter I am and straighten my crown."
- "The love between a father and daughter is forever." – Unknown
- "My fingers may be small, but I've got my daddy wrapped around them." – Anonymous
- "Rocks nor sand, nor wind or rain, can keep me separated from a father's love."
- "I love being a girl because I'm my Daddy's little girl, and that rocks!"
- "A daughter may outgrow your lap but never outgrow your heart."
- "A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a friend."
- "Not only a father is an example for a daughter, but a daughter is a great inspiration for a father."
- "The daughter's laugh is a father's favourite symphony."
- "You've been a blessing from the start . . . I love you, Dad, with all my heart."
- "The mark of a wonderful father is the one whose children run into his arms when his arms are empty."
Happy Father's Day Quotes from Daughter
You may have a gift ready for your dad to give him on Father's Day, but we suggest adding a card with a heartfelt quote from below. Through this Happy Father's Day quote from daughter, you can show him the gratitude you feel towards him.
- "I love my father as the stars—he's a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart." — Terri Guillemets
- "There will always be a few people who dare to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father." — Alison Lohman
- "Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever." — Unknown
- "No matter how many boys come into my life, Daddy, you will always be the first man I have ever loved. I love you so much. Happy Father's Day! — Unknown
- "To my dad on Father's Day: You are my keeper of secrets, slayer of closet-dwelling monsters, tear dabber, boo-boo kisser and all-around hero. I love you."
- "You have seen me at my worst, yet you think I am the best. I love you, Dad." – Unknown
- "Life is more beautiful when you make me company and tell me I'm the reason you never wish to leave this world. I love you and wish you a happy Father's Day."
- "It's every girl's dream to be treated like a princess. You make that dream come true for me, Dad. Every time I'm with you, I feel like royalty."
- "The distance between us is only as far as we make it, Dad. You are with me in spirit wherever I am."
- "May the love and gratitude we feel for you compensate for the stress and worry we caused you." — Unknown
- "To my dearest Dad: You are my compass and my guide. Thanks for always showing me the right path and pointing me in the right direction."
- "Happy Father's Day to the dad who has shown me that love, kindness, and empathy can change the world."
- "Life is full of challenges, but with a heroic father, I have nothing to worry about."
- "Your presence in my life is like an umbrella which protects me from all the difficulties in life."
- "You've been there through my highs and lows but always made me feel like I could soar!"
- "Nothing makes me feel stronger than knowing I have a dad who has my back. I love you." – Unknown
- "A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow." – Unknown
- "Daddy, thanks for being my hero, chauffeur, financial support, listener, life mentor, friend, guardian, and simply being there every time, I need a hug."
- "You brought me every toy I wanted when I was young. I hope to return the favour when I grow up by achieving every goal you always wanted me to. I love you." – Unknown
- "They say the love between a dad and his daughter is unbreakable. And I couldn't agree more."
- "Dad, words are insufficient to express how grateful I am to be your daughter! Happy Father's Day!"
- "Dad, thanks for saying "yes" whenever Mom said "no."
- "I smile because you're my father. I laugh because there's nothing you can do about it."
- "My life feels incomplete, my emotions deplete, and my heart skips a beat when I don't hug my father, who is so sweet. I love you."
- "Some people don't believe in heroes but haven't met my dad!"
- "My dad is my most precious gem - #MyDadMyGem."
Fathers indeed are the gem in our lives! They shine brightly with their love, guidance, and unwavering support, adding immense value to the tapestry of our existence. Just like precious gems, fathers are unique and irreplaceable, each possessing brilliance. They leave an indelible mark on our hearts, creating a legacy of love and strength transcending time.
May we always treasure the gems they are, and may their light continue to shine brightly, illuminating our paths as we journey through life. Happy Father's Day!